Sunday, March 6, 2011

Metamorphosis of What ?!?

Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect - A novel by Roger Williams
It has been a day I'd rather not remember. :-( Depressing since it began. And then I had the (mis?)fortune of reading this (free) online book called "Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect". (Warning : Spoilers coming your way).
Its a nice read and gives an account of what happens once we reach the stage popularly known as Technological Singularity (MATRIX, Terminator anyone ?). You have to be stupid to read this book on a sad day. With lots of gore sex (there's even incest) and mindless graphic violence, the story does force you to think (when its not describing sex between a zombie and the protagonist lady). Would we turn into vegetables, if we had a generous God-like computer taking care of our every whim and need ? How much as I told myself that if I'd been in that world,  I'd be rather having a family and pursuing my hobbies, but given that in the story, you're immortal and more importantly, all of science is now known (huh?), I don't think anyone would be spared from the abyss that the story puts forth for every human soul, making everyone a masturbating vegetable. The book has a lot of things that speaks volumes about human lives and its messed up my mind for a few days at least.

For everyone whose going to read the book after reading this, especially people who know (and maybe like?) quantum physics, please don't pay attention to all the random stuff about it. Looking for gore scenes or interesting questions, either way, interesting read but not on a Monday. :-) Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment