Friday, March 18, 2011

Art And Me...




For long I've wondered how art fits into the human thought. Accustomed to the rational way of thinking, I had never given art its importance. Now, when I read Dr.S. Chandrasekhar's views about it and my dear Destiny's work, I begin to realize how important art is to the human psyche and what a treasure trove I've missed all my life.



Now for all the math and physics people ranting how futile the exercise (art) is...here's something logical to think about. Art evolved much earlier in humans than math or (of course) physics. The abstract world that mathematicians live in is that part of the brain that was created and furnished by our artist ancestors. Yes, art is highly personal but think of some form of art that is universal and you end up with math.




When I sit around with my darling Destiny and talk about her work, (she's specializing in Painting), I see how fulfilling the whole idea of looking at the world through your eyes and then letting the world know how it looks is. Mind you, the skills required to do so are extremely hard and I can't imagine myself , forever wielding a pen and writing equations, ever holding a brush (i'd love to though). Equations are beautiful in their own right, of course, but then art is much deeper.


Da Vinci is a great example of what I'm trying to explain = Scientartist!


I find Dr.Feynman's views seem extremely befitting now that I see all the art around me. I've started noticing how detailed the world is (through Destiny) and also knowing how it works at the finest levels (through Physics). I hope to get deeper into both realms, someday ending up someplace where I can't distinguish both anymore. Unification as the physicists would call it. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment