Friday, August 19, 2011

Electronics, Best Fits and Tutions

Second year has begun and the first few weeks have revolved around few very important things... 



1. Electronics. The society in college has a new president and with him, a renewed vigor. Things are looking up and a lot of people signed up for the orientation. I'd rather wait and watch (and of course, work) where the society is headed. The decay had been gradual but steady and the society is at the bottom of the well now, nowhere to go now but up. :) My personal goal is, and i'm serious, to make lots of toys, maybe sell a few on the way. So much for electronics. Hope it picks up in college. Fingers crossed.



2. Best Fits. I realized the importance of someone teaching you something when I sat down to write down a program to fit a given set of points to a line. If you read about the method of least squares, sat down with a book about it, thought you understood it nicely, and never bothered to check whether what you did works for real or not, I'd suggest you do it now. I've been at it for a week now. The report is due next Tuesday. More than the worry about the due date, what worries me is the fact that I USED to think I know the method of least squares. The that the question's settled and i know where I stand, I've been working on the lines. :o



3. Tutions. Destiny has started teaching kids now and gets a salary, which is pretty cool. For all I know, she's a brilliant teacher and has been coping better with her tendency to give up quickly. Only that she's stressed out but her schedule keeps her busy and away from depressing thoughts. And her art is definitely getting better, not that I know much about it, but because she's been working a lot lately and i get to see her latest work almost everyday now. Hope she gets an art student quickly as well. 



And so the weeks have gone by, and so have the months. This semester's really boring and the one subject that never got me excited - Thermodynamics - is back and its doing its job of keeping me bored very well. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment